Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sales Training Tip-Beware Mystery Shoppers


It was a beautiful day in Denver and I had sales coaching clients in the afternoon-right in the heart of downtown Denver, Colorado. So, in the morning I checked out a couple of swanky new condo developments. The prices ranged from $300,000 to $3Million-in Denver that still buys you a boatload! Here are a few observations I made in my "Mystery Shopping" today.

Kudos to those sales people who extended their hand for a firm handshake, looked me in the eye and welcomed me!

Kudos to those who were good conversationalist's and discovered what had brought me in the door.

Kudos to those who didn't sell me the features of their development but discovered my needs and showed me the benefits!

Kudos to those who did some good fact finding and some clever qualifying!

Kudos to those who asked me either to sign in or sign out as I was leaving-for those who didn't get any contact info on me-how exactly are you planning on following up?

Kudos to CEO's who do a little mystery shopping themselves-it's a great way to find qualified and fabulous sales people.

Steve Mertz
Denver, Colorado Mystery Shopper


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home