Thursday, May 04, 2006

Another Great Blog on Presentations!


I have added another link to a great blog written by Bert Decker called Create Your Communications Experience. Bert has a great post today titled The Power of the Pause. which I'm sure you will find useful in your sales presentations. As a matter of fact, I think it is one of the most powerful techniques and encourage clients to practice this technique. This is one of the most powerful techniques for drawing your audinces in to your presentation. Try it-you will be amazed by its power!

I would be remiss if I did not mention Lou Heckler, a fellow member of National Speakers Association. Lou is an excellent coach and has provided me invaluable tips on the technique of "The Pause" in presentations.

Finally, I am going to give you another great resource to see this technique in action. But before I do...Let me give you this warning: Don't review this in a public workspace!! Someone will be offended by the politics, language and/or religious aspects. Go on over to and watch a short video clip of Steven Colbert at Comedy Central. I might suggest the clip of him interviewing Governor Mike Huckabee. Keep in mind that this guy lives in front of the camera but you will see that he is a master at using The Pause in his presentations. I should also mention that he is quite good in using his hands in his presentation. Usually, moving your hands around in a presentation can be quite distracting to your audience. But, if used correctly, it can be a very powerful addition to your sales presentation.

Remember, before you go see Steven Colbert, do so without offending others and check your politics, etc at the door, and one more thing...Enjoy and Learn!

PS I hope that Bert and Lou won't be offended by being mentioned in the same breath with Steven Colbert.

Steve Mertz
A Fan of The Pause!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home