Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Memorable Sales Presentations

Excellent sales presentations have two things in common: they are memorable and repeatable. I have posted here on tips from David Hornick on how to make your presentation memorable. Hornick made two recommendations that can leave room for exceptions: those are Don't use a tagline and Don't sing. When I read that I immediately thought of one of my buddies from National Speakers Association, David Glickman. He's that good looking guy in the picture. I have seen David in front of audiences and he is an absolute master at taking a corporate message or tagline and incorporating it into a song. Clearly, this is a special gift to be able to put out a compelling message and be able to sing it! It's been three years since I saw David do this but I can still remember the corporate message being sung to the tune of "Knock Three Times" by Tony Orlando and Dawn. Don't act like you don't remember the song...Because now it will be playing in your head for the rest of the day :-) If I had a client that this would be appropriate for, I would not hesitate to recommend David and his magic. Otherwise, I agree with David Hornick, don't try it at your sales presentation.

Steve Mertz
I Can't Sing!

Tags: , , , .



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home